Monday, March 12, 2012

WHAT?!?


Okay, so I bit the bullet. It’s something that I’ve wanted to do for ages- blog.  When I sat down to think of what I would call this there was only one phrase that came to mind, “Eshet Chayil.” For those of you who don’t know, “eshet chayil” is Hebrew for virtuous woman.  No, I didn’t name it that because I think that I’ve arrived somehow and now I must teach the world to be like me. LOL! On the contrary, I, like thousands of other women love the LORD and aspire to emulate the life and character that we read of in Proverbs 31.  It’s a journey, and a long one at that. I’m not sure that any of us can really “arrive” to that place that only comes through decades of experience, commitment and perseverance.  So, why “Eshet Chayil?” I named it this because I wanted to create a safe and authentic forum where I could share inspiring elements of my own “eshet chayil” journey with my girlfriends and family, receive input and relish in the social highs of this limited online community.  

Let’s face it. We’re women. No matter where we stand on a variety of issues, we all face similar dilemmas day after day. And while we may think that we’re alone, and that no one in the whole world could know what we’re going through, the fact of the matter is, our moms, sisters, neighbors and cousins are all going through similar trials.  We need the LORD, and we also need each other. In a post modern age where independents are exalted,  if we're honest with ourselves we'll admit that we're all starving to belong to something greater than ourselves. Women want and need a safe community where they can be accepted, loved, encouraged and inspired.  While some may need encouragement just to make it through the day, others may need the inspiration to move beyond a reactionary life into something intentional.  Now I’m not promising that, but it sure would be nice if that happened. :)

I do want to say that this is not a playground for passive aggressive comments, or a Food Network  Throwdown to see who makes the best apple pie. This blog is not about perfection, it's about authenticity.  It's not about performance, it's about reaching our goals together. It's not about posting a martyr’s list to see who has more on their plate, it's about empowering each other to accomplish everything the LORD has set before them.  And it's not about who outshines another by being a “better” virtuous woman.   We are all so uniquely gifted and created with totally different purposes. It does no one any good when people start comparing themselves to each other.   If you were hoping to find a blog to teach you how to be perfect,  this isn't it.  ;)  However, if you were hoping to find a blog that embraces reality, promotes truth, and shares honest struggles and victories- you might just like it here .

This is going to be a total eclectic compilation of things like: lessons the LORD is teaching me, random thoughts, funny kid stories, recipes, songs, pictures,  etc.  I just want to share with you some of the continual inspiration the LORD gives me to press on in Him.  Honestly, I am so excited about this. I seriously hope I can fall asleep tonight. :) I look forward to everything the LORD has intended for this blog. And I really anticipate reading your feedback and hearing your own stories, testimonies and responses.

I think it’s going to be really good. Yeah?

Well, I got this first post done, but I do have homeschool in the morning. If you have any thoughts, comments, requests, or suggestions, don’t hesitate to write.

Sharing the Journey in Love,
Candyce





1 comment:

Rose said...

I absolutely love this! :) Wow Candyce, what a great writer you are! First entry and I can already tell this is going to be soooo good! Yayyy!