Sunday, January 20, 2013

Draw Me Closer

With every passing day
As the world grows cold and grey
My hunger for You grows,
My need to know You flows

It flows within my spirit,
From my soul, and from my flesh
I long to know Your heart,
And breathe Your tenderness

Your Presence still consumes me,
it draws me closer still
Until I am no more,
and surrendered to Your will

I've always done my best to
Pursue your holiness
At times it's been in my own strength,
resulting in a mess.

I need the fire of Your love
to consume my very heart
With flames that lick up
All the dross and every hidden part

Be near me LORD Yeshua
I need You more today
Yes, fill me with Your Ruach
For there is no other way

I am Your precious daughter
So little and so needy
Raise me up, Oh precious Father
And cause me, LORD to fear Thee

Your holiness and righteousness
Your faithfulness and truth
That cleanses deep and purifies
And makes all things anew

My life is Yours, and Yours is mine
I exchange it all for the divine
Set me ablaze for all to see,
LORD, I in You, and You in me.

No comments: