Sunday, August 11, 2013

Silence

Dawn is breaking over Glendale, Arizona and I have the sheer delight of a peaceful household and really good iced coffee. Silence is perhaps one of my most treasured possessions. It gives me the permission to be completely wholehearted in what I am doing, without multitasking, interruptions or distractions.

Silence helps me to hear the whispers of the Holy Spirit without trying to hush anyone else. It provides a platform for clear thinking and Biblical meditation. It soothes the over stimulated nerves and allows me to focus in.

In silence, I am able to observe my surroundings with a quiet and fresh vision. In quietness and rest am I most clearly able to appreciate the beauty of my habitation and the eternal significance of my circumstances.  Silence is calming, soothing, refreshing, and inspiring.

I begin my day in gratitude to my King for new mercies, but first, I relish in the quietness provided for me. There's no gushing, no noise, and no distractions. Just the pleasure of resting in His presence.

No comments: